SARASOTA COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for:
CRIME SCENE ANALYST
Starting Salary: $38,734 (adjusted up to $47,550 for approved prior experience).
CLOSING DATE: MARCH 22, 2019
General Description of Duties:
Conduct crime scene investigations to locate, identify, preserve, photograph/fully document, and prepare collected evidence to establish and maintain chain of custody and for submission to crime laboratories for analysis. Prepare cast impressions of footwear, tool, and tire impressions. Locate, develop, preserve, and collect latent prints at crime scenes using fuming techniques, powders, chemicals, photographic techniques, and alternate light sources. Process evidence in the lab with sequential processing for latent prints, collect DNA, and use advanced photographic techniques including UV/IR to document evidence/persons. Prepare crime scene sketches by hand and/or computer aided. Attend autopsy to photograph, collect, document, and package all evidence obtained from decedents. Prepare crime scene investigation reports to document findings and involvement and testify in depositions and court proceedings regarding these matters. Participate in community events. Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associates degree or higher in crime scene technology, forensic science, or other physical or natural science, or equivalent number of credit hours from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Experience may substitute for education at the rate of two years of experience per year of education.
- Ability to complete tasks regardless of weather or temperature and around foul odor and insects/pests. • Demonstrate adequate skills about evidence collection and handling techniques.
- Respond to calls during off duty hours with little to no advanced notice with willingness to work extended hours.
- Ability to work unsupervised after the completion of appropriate training, completing complex tasks and procedures with minimal or no guidance. • Ability to obtain IAI CCSI certification within one year of employment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating awareness for human diversity to citizens and colleagues
Applications are required and may be obtained on our website www.sarasotasheriff.org. For additional information please contact Human Resources at (941)861-4140.
An equal opportunity employer